ADVERTISEMENT

I kept my mouth shut..

Mark1091

Mar 30, 2009
... and avoided posting on Devils Huddle about last week's game after I'd vented a bit on Saturday night/Sunday morning, because I knew that there was a good chance that we'd see another "second verse, same as the first," bounce-back win for a third year in a row... but I was just as skeptical as I was each of the past two years. I am glad that I decided to shut up and trust Todd.

The question that I have for the board is: are we worried about this pattern becoming an annual event? As I said last weekend, I think that CTG runs the risk of being the Mark Richt of the Pac-12, but, you know what? I'll take it. 10-3 every year is better than ASU has had since Coach Kush. However, I still hold out hope that he'll become more than that, but this early-season egg-laying has to change if CTG is going to make it to the playoffs.

What are everyone's thoughts? I say that he'll turn it around after this year, and that we'll see the end of this trend. Why? I think that this year has taught this staff to trust in their own model, and not get cute (huddling up, putting Norvell upstairs, etc.). These guys are good -- they just need to stick to their plan. If you lose by gambling; fine; you're a gambler. But don't lose by being too cute.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News