ADVERTISEMENT

In-State Recruiting Armageddon

ChillyASU

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2015
Whats up guys?? Its been a minute.. I just wanted to spill a little info and give a heads up.. I saw Hods post about Kyion Grayes Jr.. And wanted to follow up so that people dont get caught off guard or get blindsided.. I teased Kyion's "Commitment" last night on twitter.. So I wanted to give my Devils Digest folks the info first..

1. Kyion Grayes Jr is just the start..
2. The other school in the state will win the in-state battle..
3. ASU will/can come back from this..

Why and how did this happen??
Kyion is an ASU legacy.. But I believe through the coaching changes at ASU that the relationship got a little distant.. Not by choice on either side, but rather by necessity.. Coach Gill and Hawk came in and have been amazing on the recruiting trail and they wanted to make their presence felt NOW!! I respect that.. We have an amazing incoming class and an amazing class planned for next year.. But that means that '22 kids would fall "out of favor"

Why is this just the start??
Kyion is one of the best players in the state, and is very connected to a lot of the top kids locally.. As Ive talked to a lot of players around AZ I have heard the rumblings of kids possibly "flipping" and kids wanting to play with Kyion In this aspect Kyion is VERY Rattler-esque.. However if yall remember Rattler was doing his recruiting Nationally while Kyion is flexing locally.. Today at noon another big time AZ player will be making his commitment/"commitment" to the other school in the state.. The dominoes appear to be falling their way...

How does ASU come back??
Winning.. Winning solves everything.. As we all know.. and also these "Commitments" seem dependent on coaching staffs.. ASU starts winning at a high clip, and if the other school starts shuffling coaches.. We may see decisions change.. ASU is building something here.. MAYBE not the way I personally would want.. BUT I cant deny that it looks special.. I do believe the tide can and will turn.. A lot of the top AZ kids in the '22 and '23 class want to throw forks up.. They are winning the battle but I believe that ASU is going to win this war..

Feel free to follow me on twitter @JustChilly

and Ill be keeping you posted on this situation as it happens...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News