ADVERTISEMENT

Joshua Gray Down to Two Schools

Hod Rabino

Staff
Feb 23, 2015
Exchanged text messages with the Rancho Cucamonga (Calif.) offensive tackle who visited Tempe over the last two days to get his impressions of the visit, the program, and the recruiting progress.

On what impressed him the most on the trip:

The highlight of the trip was definitely being able to meet Herm Edwards and spend time talking to him and the coaching staff he’s put together there. All the new facilities and football offices were also very impressive.

On what resonated the most from his conversation with Herm Edwards

Everything he has to say is real. He’s a very genuine, energetic man and it makes you excited just being around him. It’s amazing to just be able to sit down and talk with him and know that he is being one hundred percent honest with you.

On his impressions of offensive line coach Dave Christensen and his scheme

It’s a very simple offense that I’m used to playing in so I know it won’t be difficult to learn. He also showed me the different drills they run in practice and how they pertain to the gameplay which was very insightful.

On what he learned from his host player

My host was the running back Eno Benjamin and he had nothing but good things to say about the program and the staff changes. He was very highly recruited out of high school and it was clear that he was confident in his choice to go to ASU.

Gray said that he will decide between Arizona State and Oregon State, and that he does expect to make a decision possibly later this week. He said:

It’ll all come down to what place is best for me and where I’ll best be able to fit in and spend the next four years of my life

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News