ADVERTISEMENT

More Player Depatures

Hod Rabino

Staff
Feb 23, 2015
Sat on these as long as the cat wasn't out of the bag, so here are additional names not mentioned earlier:

The two names I sat on were linebacker Deion Guignard and wide receiver Jeremy Smith. Did confirm another departure I wasn't previously aware of and that's defensive lineman Jamie Diaz. As mentioned weeks ago, all these players that were advised that they are better off playing elsewhere, were not going to be in the two-deep moving forward.

Guignard made the most out of his time here and got his degree this month. Smith has been shuttled back and forth between defensive back and wide receiver but never found his niche on either side of the ball. Diaz was a player that the previous staff should have never signed to a scholarship and the fact that he couldn't beat other players in a thin depth chart of interior defensive linemen says it all.

I updated the 2018 DevilsDigest.com Football Scholarship Chart and as you can see there are currently 77 scholarship players (and only 16 seniors). It's kind of rare to start fall camp with that low of a number but there's a chance that a walk-on such as Jordan Hoyt could be awarded a scholarship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News