ADVERTISEMENT

New RA Interview…

Ray2363

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2019
Not gonna share the full article on here since it’s behind a paywall on a competitor site but there’s one quote in particular from from RA that’s mind-bogglingly arrogant. This man needs to go.

RE: Conference Expansion

“…we have high academic standards… we’re going to look for schools that have that same belief…”

1: I’m a proud ASU alum and flaunt my diploma with joy. There are many great academic programs to hang our hats on. But I’m sorry, Mr. Athletic Director, our 85% acceptance rate and 100k+ student enrollment, quite literally means our academic standards aren’t exactly “high” to begin with. Does he want to add his alma matter, Harvard, instead? Another Ivy League school? What other schools are left that would fit this criteria?

2: if he’s talking like this… does that mean this conference really is prepared to just sit around and ride out the rest of its slow, painful death together? Are they really throwing in the towel? What schools can be brought in with enough weight to change the trajectory we’re currently on?

I’m not trying to be hyperbolic or extreme here. But I can’t be the only one who thinks these comments are a dangerously red flag?? Every member of this conference not-named Oregon needs to appear as friendly and open as possible.

Choosing the elitist, holier than thou route… when your survival as a program & conference now depends on someone else’s willingness to save you… probably won’t end well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News