ADVERTISEMENT

New Sun Devil Coaching Staff

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
I don't know about any of you but I think the staff Dilly has put together is pretty terrific, especially from a solid, recruiting perspective...

Talent Is Destiny and it appears that Dilly and his staff will waste little time correcting the dire recruiting situation Herm left behind...

Here's what things look like today, with only one staff position yet to be filled, and I think we all know who that is going to be...

OFFENSE

Coordinator = Beau Baldwin (50) from Cal Poly who is from California and has lots of ties to CA and Washington

RB Coach = Shaun Aguano (51) who is from Valley and was our interim HC as we all know...recruiting ties all over the Valley

WR Coach = Ra'Shaad Samples (27) from Texas originally but was coaching RBs for LA Rams...recruiting ties to So Cal and especially to Dallas, TX area

OL Coach = Saga Tuitele (42) who comes to ASU from Fresno St and has Poly background

TE Coach = has yet to be determined but leader in clubhouse is former ASU grad and Saguaro HS football coach - Jason Mohns (40)

DEFENSE

Coordinator = Brian Ward (49) who is from Valley and comes to us from Wazzu where he was their DC

DL Coach = Vince Amey (47) who played at ASU and is from So Cal

LB Coach = AJ Cooper (38) who is from Valley and comes to us from Wazzu

DB Coach = Bryan Carrington (31) who came to us from TCU and is from Houston area

SPECIAL TEAMS

Coordinator = Charlie Ragle (46) who is from Valley and has head coaching experience

STAFF THEMES

Very young staff, for the most part, with lots of ties to the Valley and state and some really good, proven recruiters

Who knows, with this young, hungry and talented staff, that can recruit with the best of them, Dilly may be able to turn this Herm Sun Devil train wreck around pretty quickly

Would probably give the staff a B+ or A- rating based on what I know so far...

Might get up to a solid A grade by the time spring ball rolls around...

I'm all in with Dilly and his staff...;)

Sun Devil football appears to be fun once again...:)

Go Dilly and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News