ADVERTISEMENT

October 6th Recruiting Snapshot

Hod... why do we only get 3 star O-lineman? We are in good shape in all the skilled positions, but up front has me a little concerned... on both sides of the ball.

We honestly need to recruit the Midwest for our interior lineman. Any chance of that ever happening?

Hod... why do we only get 3 star O-lineman? We are in good shape in all the skilled positions, but up front has me a little concerned... on both sides of the ball.

We honestly need to recruit the Midwest for our interior lineman. Any chance of that ever happening?
The further away the prospect the harder it is to land them. The recruiting issue I see at this position is how ASU's with a very attractive depth chart hasn't been able to land one or two good junior college offensive tackles.

Reactions: dwgreek
May want to check out another kicker too. Need depth there and a guy who can kick it in the end zone on kickoffs because Plaster is not very effective.

Reactions: aarpdevil
May want to check out another kicker too. Need depth there and a guy who can kick it in the end zone on kickoffs because Plaster is not very effective.
No argument there. Said a while back that I didn't see Ruiz coming back for a while and who knows if he doesn't just redshirt (with or without playing four games) and goes elsewhere. Kickoffs have bit ASU hard so far, but under the radar easily one of the biggest issues right now.

It’s interesting how imperative a good kicker to total points and somehow football teams often get tight with those scholarships... much less for teams well under the scholarship threshold.

Nebraska probably wishes they had two capable kickers. Ex, Colorado game they lost

This is just me but, I’d attempt to sign great kickers via NLI (as necessary) AND (more so) bolster the depth with qualified walk-on kickers who get scholarships once eligible for one. Like consistently do so... so that kids know they can earn a scholly as a backup.

Reactions: Devil Dust
No argument there. Said a while back that I didn't see Ruiz coming back for a while and who knows if he doesn't just redshirt (with or without playing four games) and goes elsewhere. Kickoffs have bit ASU hard so far, but under the radar easily one of the biggest issues right now.

Didn't we land another walk-on who was the son of a former NFL kicker?...nvm found him:

https://thesundevils.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8783

Seems to have a strong leg with 66 touchbacks his last two years in HS...maybe more of a punter though?

so are you saying Ruiz May transfer?

Gotta imagine that id he was truly a better option he would have played by now...
a2fe7f9daa3890ab735f67851d7889cb.jpg

Maybe he’s got Mom’s genes?

Reactions: pcock45
Id still take Ruiz over zendejas. Z can't kick the ball over 40 yards .....that's real bad. And let's be honest, Zane is one of the best to EVER kick in college football...no one is Zane.

Wow. Well, kids are free to make their own decisions. I like Ruiz and think he can be a great kicker. He’s been very good but... no Zane Gonzo so far.

Reactions: forksup33
Id still take Ruiz over zendejas. Z can't kick the ball over 40 yards .....that's real bad. And let's be honest, Zane is one of the best to EVER kick in college football...no one is Zane.
Agree, not debating Ruiz>Zendejas. Still, if he wants to leave, that’s his choice. Not sure why and hope it’s not some bs

Informative, interesting and exciting boss !!

With Elijah Juarez and Anthonie Cooper counting towards 2020 and 18 current other commits seems ASU probably has 4 or 5 tops scholarships left this cycle and far more talent interested in ASU.

Hod, do you anticipate any flips, grey shirts and or blue shirts to accommodate those recruits ASU can possibly land ? I thought I read that the plan was not to get ahead every class with holding recruits back a season before they are officially in the program.

The level of talent still in the mix is very attractive.

Informative, interesting and exciting boss !!

With Elijah Juarez and Anthonie Cooper counting towards 2020 and 18 current other commits seems ASU probably has 4 or 5 tops scholarships left this cycle and far more talent interested in ASU.

Hod, do you anticipate any flips, grey shirts and or blue shirts to accommodate those recruits ASU can possibly land ? I thought I read that the plan was not to get ahead every class with holding recruits back a season before they are officially in the program.

The level of talent still in the mix is very attractive.
Yes, did mention a while back that we could see up to a handful greyshirts/blueshirts in this class to help out with the numbers. Flipping other school's commits is always a possibility too. As of right now, I don't know of any ASU commits are in danger of flipping.

Yes, did mention a while back that we could see up to a handful greyshirts/blueshirts in this class to help out with the numbers. Flipping other school's commits is always a possibility too. As of right now, I don't know of any ASU commits are in danger of flipping.

Thanks Hod, it certainly will be interesting, probably juggling agree.

And now Herm says Ruiz is shutdown for rest of season?
I was at that press conference and I didn't infer that Edwards ruled Ruiz out for the season, and he didn't come out and use those words either. Edwards said: "He's still out."

But he certainly did imply that Ruiz will be out for a while, again something we've said here a few weeks ago.

Reactions: paTTon42
I wonder if Slocum May be making more visits to try and flip Saguaro’s kicker that is committed to USC? Also question for Hod, Blueshirts are able to play in the season they are Blueshirting in?

Reactions: dge1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT