ADVERTISEMENT

Opportunity to shut me up

e40devil

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2016
The next two weeks are the biggest in the Herm era in my mind. There will still be tough games after these two weeks and Oregon and USC could definitely both be losses, but the chance to win the South is all but over if we go 0-2 the next two weeks. We have yet to beat a top 30 offense in the Herm era and our defensive performances against top 50 offenses have been awful. This is a great opportunity for Danny and the defense to show they can slow down a top 30 offense in WSU and a top 50 offense in Utah in back to back weeks. It's also a great opportunity for Herm to show he isn't the archaic dinosaur I think he is and open the offense up a bit to keep pace.

If we go 1-1 these two games the south chances are probably over given the awful loss to Colorado (who is unlikely to make a bowl game) and Oregon and SC still on the schedule. If we go 2-0 the hype will start building and I'll finally have something to point to that says I was wrong and this thing can work with Herm. Starting 6-1 with OSU, U4, and UCLA still to go would make 8 wins a virtual certainty. Going 0-2 in these games will make a bowl game relatively tough, although I imagine wed finish 7-5 as I predicted or 6-6.

A good program on the rise wins these games and gives itself a chance. A program that is going to bumble it's way to mediocre results for Herm's term loses both. If we go 2-0 I'll be impressed. If we go 0-2 I'm going to continue to hammer this staff and the ad. Youth isn't an excuse when you have run the older members of the team out of the program. Just win and shut the skeptics like me up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News