ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lebron

BigESunDevil

Hod's Minion
Aug 26, 2002
Tempe AZ now, born Bridgeton MO
I posted the following on Facebook today and thought I'd see if anyone here wanted to talk some NBA hoops. Specifically, has Lebron's performance in this year's Finals made a difference in how you view him? It has for me.

=====

Going into Game 6, which I think will be the last game of the series, I have to admit that LBJ has really raised his standing in the "all time greats" category in my eyes. Before this season, I viewed him as a great player but not that highly ranked on an "all time" list. But this series has changed all of that. The Cavs, as currently constituted, have no business winning any games in the NBA Finals - except that they have LBJ. What he's doing is remarkable and pure brilliance. I don't think his team wins and I don't think he should get the MVP award if his team doesn't win (I'm fine with it going to someone on the winning team). But he's now in the discussion, as I see it, with the other all time greats like Jordan, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Russell, et al. I wouldn't have had him in the conversation previous to this series.

The series has been fun to watch - entertaining basketball. I hope tonight's game is a good one, too. I'm going to miss basketball once it's over.

=====

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News