ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Suns

BigESunDevil

Hod's Minion
Aug 26, 2002
Tempe AZ now, born Bridgeton MO
I chuckle and shake my head every time I hear a local radio analyst describe how the Suns are going hard after free agents in order to make the playoffs this year. "It's been five years!" they say. But why is making the playoffs a goal? Shouldn't winning a championship be the goal?

Does anyone believe that the Suns have champion ship pieces in place or that LaMarcus Aldridge, who I love as a player, would be a significant piece toward a championship run?

I've said this before elsewhere and am interested in your thoughts here - the Suns are stuck in NBA Groundhog Day. They finish just in or out of the playoffs, draft in the middle of the draft, and then stay good enough to finish just in or out of the playoffs.

Rinse. Repeat.

In the NBA, you want to be a top six team or a bottom six team. Anywhere in between, unless you're a historical great franchise that can build through free agency, and you're in Groundhog Day land. The Suns management seems to think being in NBA Groundhog Day land is the goal. Everything they do seems designed to keep them there.

If Aldridge, Chandler, Bledsoe, and Knight are championship level, how does putting them together make it more likely for the Suns to reach a championship?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News