Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
POY = Joseph Young - Oregon

Freshman of Year = Stanley Johnson - AU

Defensive POY = Gary Payton II - Oregon St

Most Improved Player = Josh Hawkinson - Wazzu

COY = Dana Altman - Oregon

ASU did not have any 1st or 2nd Team All-Conference players but Shaq McKissic was Honorable Mention...

Tra Holder made the All-Freshman team...

I don't see Savon Goodman anywhere...

Someone asked in another thread what our expectations were regarding our BB program and mine are that we should always finish in the Top Third of the PAC, which would put us in a position to go Dancing every year...

Herb has maintained the status quo at ASU during his tenure but has not really elevated it at all that I can see compared to the two prior coaches...

At least we are not looking at a coach like AU's women's BB coach, Niya Butts, who was given a five year extension in 2011, following a 21 win and NIT season but has gone 8-46 in the PAC the past three seasons...she went 5-25 last year and 10-20 this year...

Greg Byrne is going to let her finish out her contract (one year remaining on it) rather than fire her now because she runs a clean program, relates well to her players, and has a good recruiting class coming in for next season, which sounds pretty similar to the narrative surrounding Herb and his stay at ASU...

However, Niya only makes $210K a year compared to Sendek's $1.3M a year deal...

Maybe next year we will Return and Advance and have some players on the All-PAC team and then again maybe not...

In any event, Herb will keep taking those big ASU paychecks to the bank regardless of how things turn out...

Championships or Bust...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News