ADVERTISEMENT

PAC Striving for a Bronze Medal

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
That's according to AU president Robbins who is in Wash, DC where the AU's DC Center for Outreach and Collaboration is hosting a summit called "The Future of College Athletics...(source is the Arizona Daily Star)

I bet you didn't know that the Cats have an outreach center in Wash, DC where people like Robbins can hobnob with political big-wigs in the most influential power center in the country...

In any event, when asked about a PAC media rights deal, Robbins remained confident that the PAC would have a deal in place sometime soon...

There was no Grant of Rights deal already in place and Robbins said that he does not expect the new PAC deal to be anywhere near what the SEC and Big-10 already have in place...

But, continuing on, Robbins said that "if we (PAC) win a bronze medal, I think we'd all declare victory"...

The summit is basically going to be addressing things like the NIL reality and whether college players should be paid employees, etc...

Robbins summed up his thoughts on the matter this way..."now you've got this 'play-for-pay' thing, that is in a legal gray area, that is not meant to entice players to come to your university but I'm finding it hard to believe that people aren't doing that"...(my paraphrasing)

I'm pretty sure that we have something in Gila Bend or elsewhere around here but haven't heard anything about ASU having a Center for Anything in Wash, DC...

And, we wonder why the Cats baseball team gets invited to the playoffs and we don't...:cool:

Maybe we could establish an ASU Center for Athletic Futility in a place like Tombstone or thereabouts...

Since both Ray and Crow don't see anything wrong with aspiring to Bronze Medals and/or Participation Trophies rather than Gold Medals, etc...

BTW, does anyone know whether either Crow or Ray are in Wash, DC attending this college athletic summit..??

They probably have much better things to do would be my guess...;)

It's pretty funny stuff when you think about it, right..??

Just my two cents, as always...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News