ADVERTISEMENT

Post Norvell Q+A with Manny Wilkins

NickKrueger

I spoke briefly with Manny Wilkins about Norvell on Friday night. As many of you probably noticed on Twitter over the past two years he and Norvell were very close. Here's what he had to say:

Q: I know you and Mike were close so I just wanted to talk about him as a person a little bit. What did he mean to you?

Manny Wilkins: Well Berco means a lot to me you know (laughs). No I mean coach Norvell meant a lot to me. He taught me a lot of things. Obviously we are very very very excited for the opportunity that is set in front of him now as a coach and a head coach. I believe that is the ultimate goal for a lot of people. We're extremely excited for him and he'll always have a special place in my heart. He;s one of the people who offered me a scholarship to come play college football so I have nothing but love for him. I wish him the best. It's just a chapter in his book that's closing and another one is opening up.

Q: Take me through yesterday. What were your emotions like and how did you find out?

MW: Coach Graham and Coach Norvell gave me a call and informed me. I'm just ecstatic for him. I think it's awesome for the opportunity that he gets. He's going to do a great job up there and it's awesome for his family, for his daughter, for his wife. You know both have a special place in my heart too. You build certain connections with people. This sport is more than just football.

Q: What was that call like for you guys?

MW: You know it was hard. It was definitely hard. When you grow so close to somebody it's tough to see them just pick their stuff up and go somewhere else. Like I said, completely happy for him, I wish him the best and I'm thankful for the player he has made me and the man he has made me today.

Q: Have you been told anything about the offense for the bowl game yet or who is managing you?

MW: We're just taking it day by day. Our focus is just coming out here and getting in our practice right now until we find out what bowl our opponent is. When we find that out we'll be full on to go win this bowl game.

Q: How much does it help to get these extra practices in, especially with these new guys out here tonight?

MW: It's awesome and they're not new guys anymore. They've been in here for almost a year now and it is cool to see how mature everybody has become, that understanding that guys are getting it. It's just cool coming out here and just playing football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News