ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Brenden Rice

Hod Rabino

Staff
Feb 23, 2015
The four-star Chandler Hamilton WR was one of the many visitors on campus on Wednesday. I discussed with him that visit and the recruiting process with ASU via direct messaging tonight.

What were some of the things that really stood out in your visit to ASU?

Rice: The NFL networking the coaches had as well as describing what it means to be a hometown hero and how they would market me.

I know you have been to ASU many times before, but was there a different vibe today?

Rice: It was strictly business today. Usually, we’ll laugh and talk about things going on in life but today we took it to be strictly about what I want to do after college and what ASU can provide for me.

How important is that non-football part of college to you?

Rice: A huge difference maker in my decision I want to be able to get my education and receive my degree in business management and entrepreneurship

If you decided to go to ASU, what do the coaches say about how you would fit this offense?

Rice: I would be the number one priority and a difference maker in games. They continue to talk about Freshman All-American and how I start right away.

Is Antonio Pierce the ASU coach recruiting you the most?

Rice: Yes, along with Herm

What do you like about Antonio Pierce's personality as a recruiter?

Rice: He’s an outgoing person. He’s also very passionate and will speak his mind point blank.

How important to you is playing close to home?

Rice: If the school fits and every way. There is no point for me to go anywhere else. Staying home isn’t a huge factor but always a thought considering a coaching staff filled with NFL coaches and players.

What other factors will you consider before choosing a college?

Rice: The coaching staff, lifestyle, education, and personally, if I could see myself there.

I know you listed a Top-11 two weeks ago, but would it be fair to say that you perhaps have a school list shorter than that that you will choose from?

Rice: I already have a shorter list in fact. Schools that I was feeling a week ago has changed dramatically.

Fair to say that ASU in on that shorter list?

Rice: Yessir, ASU will remain on the list. (Rice declined to name the other schools on his short list)

Do you think you will still visit any other schools before the dead period starts in two weeks?

Rice: Colorado on June 14-16 and Michigan on the 21st (Both official visits)

Would these be the last visits to any school before you make your decision?

Rice: No Sir, I have Oregon coming up and July 27 and maybe a surprise visit after.

Any ballpark date you expect to make an announcement?

Rice: Around the end of July hopefully.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News