ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Corey Wren Update, other updates

Hod Rabino

Staff
Feb 23, 2015
A source close to his recruitment told me that he had a very good in-home visit with ASU.

But here are a few wrinkles:

As of right now Wren plans to only sign in February.

This weekend he will visit Maryland, not Tennessee although the Vols are still in the picture and may get just an unofficial. But no official visit for Tennessee now or later.

Since Wren is only signing in February he plans to visit...Florida State next month. Oh the irony...

Does ASU wait until February to sign Wren? Up in the air. If they get Daniyel Ngata, and I still don't feel good about ASU's chances, then obviously not.

I would say at best it may be a 50-50 chance ASU would wait until February, but needless to say Wren's recruitment process with Florida State, Maryland and Tennessee could determine a lot too. Additionally, how many free slots does ASU fill when the dust settles in December? Does ASU want to go after a pass rusher in the spring over an RB? Can they get either position via the blueshirt route? Huge questions in play.

Gary Bryant appears to be a USC lean right now. No surprise we always felt it was gonna be a dog fight between both schools. ASU has an in-home on Friday and time will tell how much clarity they will get at that point.

While I feel good about ASU's chances with LV Bunkley-Shelton, I'm proceeding with caution as far as putting a forecast on paper. I will say more on this when I can, but I wanted to put it out here in the Huddle in case anyone does ask.

I still feel very good about ASU landing Elijhah Badger and good about ASU being able to flip Johnny Wilson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News