ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Anderson interview today

asuhouseofheat

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Lehi, Utah
He was asked what he wanted the fans to know. He said something to the effect of let the past go. For years ASU fans have been clamoring that if Sendek was fired then they would start going to games again. So no matter who the new coach is how many of us fans are ready to get behind the basketball team.

Thinking about the statement of "letting the past go" I look at it from a different perspective. Too often we give reasons to not go to games. Too often we simply say we have not been good for the last 30-40 years. Too often we make excuses for reasons to not support a team. Can you imagine if we were to sell out Wells Fargo or even sun devil stadium every game. Instead of worrying about boosters having to step up to pay off the contract, wouldn't it be nice if ticket sales could do that for us? The sun devil basketball past is the past and its time to turn the page and begin to really get behind the bball team. No more excuses. Ray Anderson believes that whoever it is can begin to change things around. If ticket sales are high then we begin construction on Wells Fargo that much sooner. Our student athletes deserve the best and represent the school we live and breathe. I am already going to renew my basketball season tickets now. Almost wasn't had sendek come back. It's time to really breathe life into this program.

I am tired of listening to the radio guys tell us we don't have tradition for bball. In order to build that history it starts with us going to games. It starts with us being supportive and being supportive. If we want a better game day atmosphere it all starts with us. Come up with cheers or create new traditions give ideas to the athletic department. I believe that we can build a tradition and history of winning here. I don't want to settle on a coach, but I want us to be a dream destination for every sport. Its time for us to step up as a fan base. Ray Anderson is showing the way and has the vision. Start to believe that things can turn around. The past is the past. Time for a new era, a turning of the page as a fan base in general.

Alright my rant is over. Here is the link to the interview.

http://arizonasports.com/74/1819650/Arizona-State-AD-Anderson-I-do-not-believe-that-we-will-be-short-of-real-quality-candidates
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News