ADVERTISEMENT

RB Coach Opening: Names to think about.

ChillyASU

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2015
I don’t want to get into all the former pro prospects that might be in CHE or BBs (Big Boss aka Ray Anderson) rolodexes.. So something that I took to twitter yesterday saying was that Saguaro and Chandler head coaches Jason Mohns and Shaun Aguano should be immediately considered.. If for no other reason they 100% know the landscape of Arizona AND they have been uber successful in their respective coaching careers.. I do think their knowledge of the land would immediately help them make a dent in local recruiting.. And I think that they would leave their own programs in capable hands so that they would have a continued pipeline.. I am getting a lot of pushback on twitter that the local scene is not as plentiful or desirable as California for recruits.. I don’t completely agree with that train of thought for the simple fact that yes you can go to one or two high schools in Cali and see 7 or 8 elite prospects.. but in that same time you are competing with a handful of other coaches who’s backyard that actually is.. also I think that you can cover 3 or 4 schools in Az in the same time as you can cover 2 schools in california... I have a handful of names that I think should be considered:

Shaun Aguano:
The Chandler High head coach has won 4 out of the last 5 big school state championships.. Has Chandler on the brink of being a national powerhouse.. winning 2 straight post state championship Geico Bowls.. sending numerous players to FCS schools.. He can absolutely coach at the FCS level.. He is great when it comes to managing players personalities.. Shaun is also a father figure type coach but not in the “old” sense.. He cares about the best possible long term for his student athletes.. I think that He would have zero problem coaching RBs his school has produced 4 FCS RBs Over the last 4 years most recently Decarlos Brooks (Cal), Drake Anderson (Northwestern), TJ Green (Utah), Chase Lucas (ASU-DB)..

Jason Mohns
The Saguaro head coach has won 6 straight state championships and I believe has been connected to the program for 10.. He has created a destination spot for college coaches as well as student athletes.. Kids WANT to play for him.. He has zero problem disciplining with love and being loved for it.. he has produced two NFL players that remain VERY close to him in DJ Foster and Christian Kirk soon to be a third in Byron Murphy.. He coached both Soelle brothers and could be a great connection for 2020 DB Kelee Ringo and 2022 future star Shawn Miller (just wait)..

Kerry Taylor
The least decorated as far as coaching goes.. but not as far as passion goes.. the game runs in his blood his father and uncle both played in the NFL.. Kerry is also a former NFL player and played at ASU and locally for high school at Hamilton.. Kerry is very familiar with the landscape and I also believe he is the youngest of this bunch.. He has rejuvenated and brought excitement back to Arcadia HS in the one season that he has been there.. after a winless 2017 season that saw Arcadia score less than 30 points the whole year and I believe a 1 win 2016 season.. Kerry came in turned things around had the offense averaging almost 400 yds a game and they scored 50 TDs this year.. What he lacks in coaching experience he makes up for in other areas.. AND he is someone that CHE could fully mold and later claim as a protege...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News