ADVERTISEMENT

Saw some things on Offense that finally shows some good coaching

Denver Devil

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2006
It wasn't perfect, but we did finally see Arroyo (assuming it was him and not KD dictating things) put together some play calls that made me smile.

I liked that we got Leavitt in a rhythm early in the game. Even the first run by him gets his head in the game and shakes off any nervousness. Loved seeing that.

Liked seeing some crossing routes and short throws. Liked them using the passing game to set up the run, where Scatt gashed them late to set up the win.

I'd still like to see the TEs getting more involved as an outlet. I did like some of the misdirection plays, even with the reverse getting blown up because of a badly missed block. The fake punt was GLORIOUS!

My biggest concern with this team is the lack of football IQ with some starters, and the lack of discipline. I still cringe everytime a ball is thrown to a WR covered by Abney. He always "appears" to be badly beaten or completely out of position. Although the latter may be because of the defensive set rather than him specifically.

Then we have the hot and cold with both Tyson and Guillory. They'll make highlight reel catches, but then drop ones right in their hands. They need to really step up and help their young QB.

All in all it was a solid bounce back by the staff after the TTech debacle. I'm hoping to see more offensive innovation in the coming weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.