ADVERTISEMENT

Silver Linings ?

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
After watching two weeks of PAC games, I've decided that there are only about 2-3 teams that have more talent across the board than our Devils...

Those teams would include Utah and USC, for sure, and, maybe, either Oregon or UCLA, and we get both Utah and UCLA at home, with USC on the road and don't have to play Oregon...

The Trojans are now ranked #7 in the AP poll while the Utes are ranked #14 and the Ducks #25...

Oklahoma State is now ranked #8 but I'm not sure that they are a Top 10 team, although they are definitely a Top 25 team, in my estimation...

And, we were in a position, at the beginning of the 4th quarter, to perhaps upset them in Stillwater, when the score was only 20-17 Cowboys at that point...

Herm ball seemed to have us in a position to win but we couldn't close the deal and lost in an all too familiar fashion just like the BYU game last season, etc...

I don't think, aside from both Utah and USC, that any other teams on our schedule have more talent than we do but they may have better coaching philosophies in place, as time will tell or not...

So, although very disappointed in the way our game against OSU turned out, I see no reason not to be guardedly optimistic about the rest of the season...

For me, it would be good to hear Herm talk about some "unannounced" offensive changes that would free up Emory in a more balanced offensive attack, with less reliance on a rushing attack...

I don't want to have close games entering the 4th quarter, where both sides have about an equal chance to win, because we are tied to a "not to lose" philosophy...

They say that you cannot teach old dogs new tricks but, thankfully, Herm isn't a dog...:)

It's not too late Herm, as far as I'm concerned, although I don't think that you will change your play "not to lose" ways...

Stubborn is as stubborn does, right..??

Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News