ADVERTISEMENT

Small World

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Last night, I watched an episode of HBO Sports with Bryant Gumbel and found out the the Big 10 Commissioner, Kevin Warren, is the son of Dr. Morrison F. Warren, who was a Professor of Education when I attended the school back when...

Dr Morrison Warren had played football for ASU before it was known as ASU and has been named one of the ASU's Top 50 football players of all time...

When I was at ASU, Dr Morrison Warren seemed to have been as well known as Frank Kush around campus and was often out among the students spreading good will and cheer...

He definitely had the "IT" quality and one of his numerous distinctions was being Director of the Fiesta Bowl when it was moved to New Years Day back in the 80s...

Kevin Warren, who is now the Commissioner of the Big 10, is a son of Dr Morrison Warren, who grew up in the Valley and played basketball at both UPenn and Grand Canyon U where he starred at both schools...

Kevin has a BS from GCU and an MBA from ASU, where he is in the WP Carey School of Business Hall of Fame...

Kevin got his law degree from Notre Dame and has worked his way up from many high profile NFL jobs, that included being the CEO of the Minn Vikings, to become the current Big 10 commissioner...

He was hit by a car as a child and has overcome that adversity through hard work and perseverance...

So, the Big 10 Commissioner comes from the Valley and has roots there and at ASU...

I remember his father and now know what Kevin has done to perpetuate the Morrison family legacy that is pretty impressive to say the least...

It's a small world, after all...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News