ADVERTISEMENT

Sober-Minded Thoughts (USC)

kyle.smith6

Dec 3, 2018
- Let’s start with a positive...Yellen is very talented. Throws a really good ball, powerful arm, good pocket presence. I’m not 100% sure he isn’t better than JD5 (I’m still 60% sure but there’s a doubt in my mind now). Impressive job by him.

- ANOTHER slow start by the offense. Would have had zero points in the 1Q if not for a 96 yard kick off return.

- Likens came out of halftime with a nice series and then basically wasted the next 10-12 minutes of game time with TERRIBLE play calls and trying to “establish the run”. Really cost ASU a ton of momentum.

- USC defense averaged 31ppg allowed coming into the game. ASU managed just 26.

- Likens has to go.

- The defense played well for 3 quarters. But to come out of the gates and give up 28 (!!!!) in front of a sellout crowd is unacceptable...and so very ASU.

- Chase Lucas and Jack Jones may want to try and work their way down into at least a 5 yard cushion before deciding they should turn pro.

- Tommy Hudson....sheeeh man. But Eno’s fumble was just as big of a deal (I love Eno, but his ball security and attitude have sucked the last few weeks).

- The worst part of the tipped interception to end the game? Even if Yellen completes that pass to Eno, he gets 7 yards and the like runs until we spike it and have probably one play left. Terrible decision by Yellen but also, Likens needed to give him two plays coming out of the timeout.

- This team has to score more on offense. Oregon State stinks but they can score. ASU defense can hold them to 31-35...can our offense score that much? I don’t think so. Likens must go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News