ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Short Stuff

That was a great win by the Sun Devils last night against TAMU and they seem to be gathering steam as we approach the PAC season next month...

It's not surprising that 2/3 of the players picked on the All-PAC first and second teams (44 players), that were just announced this week, were 4 and 5 star recruits and that included ASU's one pick...Christian Westerman...you know what I always say and this just reinforces it...Talent Is Destiny...

Having said that, Antonio Longino was very deserving of a place on the first or second team for what he did this past season but when you finish 6-6, as a team, things like that happen...he will undoubtedly be missed next season...

It would also seem that both K Orr and J Wicker will make the Freshmen AA team for what they accomplished this past season and they may not end up being the cream of this recruiting class, that include these future Sun Devil stars IMHO...J Bates, T Chatman, M Lawal, G Lea, J Lewis, B Perkins, Z Robertson, K Thomas, B White, and JJ Wilson and maybe a few others as well...

And, so far, this current recruiting class seems to be on a par with last year's class, which can only mean good things for the Sun Devils moving forward...

It will also be interesting to see who Graham tabs as his next OC following the departure of Mike Norvell, who was like another son to him, as they were that close...Norvell will face many challenges at Memphis but he is a gifted recruiter to go along with his other excellent skill sets...

I'm more concerned about our defense, at this point, than offense as we have three great young QBs in Wilkins, Perkins and White...we better develop a better pass rush, that isn't totally reliant on blitzing all of the time, especially since we currently don't appear to have the talent in the secondary to cope with the cream of the PAC QBs that can kill you if they have any time at all with which to throw, etc...

That was a great game last night for the PAC championship as Stanford beat USC in front of a less than sell-out crowd in Santa Clara...there was no such problem for the SEC and Big 10 championship games...

I guess we will find out where our Sun Devils will be going for their bowl game this morning...the same goes for some other teams in the PAC, since we have ten teams eligible and only seven PAC bowl affiliations...

I guess Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and Michigan St will be the playoff teams this year...I think Saban will bring home another national championship to the Bama faithful but I guess you never know, do you...??

It's hard to believe that Ohio St will not be there again given all that returning talent and their pretty easy schedule, and the clock struck midnight on the Iowa Hawkeyes, which will leave them all heart broken this morning...I know the feeling as we came oh so close to winning a national championship in 1996...

Aside from recruiting, there will be a lot of interesting news coming our way in the next few weeks I would guess...

I might also have to start paying more attention to basketball...;)

G'day Mates...Championships or Bust...Go Devils!!!

Reactions: pcock45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News