ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Frustration Mounts

I am not in a good mood this morning and I doubt most of you are, either, following some more embarrassing losses by our baseball team and two more losses by our basketball team...

I cannot believe what I'm seeing with our once great baseball program as I didn't think it could get any worse than what was happening under Tim Esmay but Tracy Smith is quickly running it into the ground that much farther...

And, our basketball team, despite a great start to the season, has faltered big time in conference play and may not end up making the Dance in March which would be a huge disappointment...

The only saving grace was that the Cats lost to the Ducks last night in Eugene, following the news that Sean Miller is directly implicated in the national basketball scandal through FBI wiretap evidence...

However, since he hasn't yet been accused of anything what will AU do and, more importantly, what will the Arizona Board Of Regents do regarding the matter..??

There is no way Miller will be fired at this point and I would think that they will suspend him until the matter is resolved, one way or another, but you never know, do you..??

Will the Regents take their responsibility to protect the integrity of the state from the multitude of transgressions that have revealed themselves in the AU athletic department or will they basically do nothing while the school's athletic department continues to run amok..??

The state has already shelled out copious amounts of money in legal fees defending various accused culprits in the AU's athletic dept and, to top things off, the ABOR approved a contract for Sean Miller where he gets full pay in the event that he is fired for cause...

How totally absurd is that and where were the Regents minds when they went along with that..??

They all ought to be replaced immediately if you ask me because they sure as hell aren't looking out for our interests as citizens and taxpayers of this state...

Well, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that our basketball team will win both of their games next weekend at home and somehow sneak into the Dance and hope that our baseball team doesn't go further downhill than it already has done this season...

I'm not holding my breath on what the ABOR's will come up with regarding Sean Miller and the athletic dept at AU because they obviously are overly timid when it comes to what they are supposed to be doing in that regard...

Cranky signing off...:(

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News