ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Good Weekend

Any time we win and the Cats lose is a very good weekend, as we all know...:)

I was pleased to not be looking at white knuckles in the fourth quarter last night as the Devils dominated UTSA from start to finish...

I was pleased by all of the players that got experience on both sides of the ball...

I was pleased that we didn't seem to have any season ending injuries...

I was pleased with our punter's performance...

I was pleased by the performance of the newcomers...

I was pleased that Manny looked like Manny in engineering another win...

I was more than pleased with the performance of N'Keal Harry and wonder what we will be like if we ever have a half dozen or more like him on the field at the same time...

I am pleased that Herm got his first win at ASU in a resounding fashion...

I am pleased that our defense didn't give up any big plays and had some key turnovers...

I am pleased that our offense had 503 total yards and scored six TDs...

I am pleased that Noel Mazzone and Kevin Sumlin have decided to turn K Tate into a great pocket passer instead of an ad-lib artist who flourishes in a fast break offense...

I am pleased that RR recruited a bunch of "our kind of guys" while at AU...

I am pleased that Chip Kelly will not be a success story this year at UCLA...

I am pleased that most of the PAC teams won yesterday but disappointed that the Huskies did not, as that just continues the narrative that the SEC is better than us...

Basically, I am pleased to be alive and a Sun Devil this fine morning...;)

I still think we have enough talent to win enough games to go bowling and with some luck might even make a run at the South title...

I was very impressed by Stanford's QB and I'm looking forward to seeing what we do against a very good Mich St team next Sat...

They say that a team improves the most between its first and second games of the season...

The Spartans are not going to miss a lot of tackles the way the Roadrunners did last night and they probably won't give up 266 yds rushing, either...

I'm sure having a close game against Utah St got their attention and they will be ready to take on our Sun Devils next weekend in Tempe...

It's okay to have a little swagger, like we saw from the Devils last night, as long as it doesn't end up beating us down the road...

I don't think we can survive another 11 penalty game against MSU...:(

Anyway, the real season starts next weekend...

Looking forward to it...:)

Have a good Labor Day...

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News