ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = When In Rome

Or, when in Boulder, Colorado, do as the Buff fans do if you are their new head football coach...

That's what Deion was doing in their sold-out football stadium yesterday during their spring game...

It was snowing and all of the fans were dressed in ski jackets and parkas while Deion was wearing a cowboy hat...

"Prime Time" has always gotten "it" as he just keeps adapting his behavior to what his surroundings tell him is best for him and his teams to do to get along with folks and capture their imagination...

I couldn't tell much from their scrimmage other than this is not going to be your usual Buff sort of football program any more...

The talent level has been elevated and the Buffs won't be a patsy in the PAC like they have been in the past...

Their spring game was covered by ESPN starting at noon, our time, so that just added to the value of his name to what he brings to the Buffs program...

If he was in Rome, you can be sure that he would be wearing a Neon Toga while regaling Romans at every level with his celebrity and charm...

In other sports news, Penn State coach - James Franklin - says it's "inevitable" that major college football players are going to take part in a revenue sharing plan where they get paid just the way coaches and administrators do now...

He doesn't know when it will happen but is sure that it will be in the not too distant future...

When it happens, as I think it will, I wonder what the going rate will be for PAC teams, if the conference is still in existence then, and for ASU in particular..??

As an aside, I wonder what will happen first..??

Whether 1) our AD will be retiring or 2) whether a new PAC media rights deal will be in place or 3) whether the NCAA Notice of Allegations will arrive at ASU...

What do you think..??

Or, per Dilly's post spring practice list of needs, will we get another quality OL, DL and LB in the current football portal transfer window before any of the above happens..??

Fortunately, from what I've heard, both OL, Scott Frost and Bram Walden, are ready to go despite not doing much in spring practice...

Now let's talk about Sun Devil "True Grit" baseball team as the Devils took one from the Beavers last night in classic come from behind fashion...

The "never say die" Willie Sun Devils did it once again despite not having a top of the line pitching staff...

Whether they can continue to "grit it" to the postseason is still anyone's guess but they certainly play the way Willie did when he was at ASU...

In closing, I wonder how many Colorado games are going to be featured in "prime time" this upcoming season just because Neon Deion is the Buffs new head football coach...

Can anyone here picture Ray Anderson in a cowboy hat..??

I didn't think so...:)

Here's hoping that our Devils can find a way to beat the Beavers again today...:cool:

So, how many of you have attended a Toga Hop in HS like I once did..??

That's what we did in ancient times...;)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News