ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Just Another Sun Devil Swan Song

The baseball season is just another weekend away from being over and our Sun Devils have managed to go from first to fifth, in the PAC, the past couple of weeks...

We're now behind Stanford, Wash, OSU and USC in the standings and fading fast...

I'm not even sure if we will hit 30 wins or have a winning conference record, at this point, as the team seems to have taken up a No Mas mantra...

I guess the Stanford series last weekend tore the heart out of this team and may have cost them a chance of playing in the post season if they don't start winning a few of their remaining games...

And, even then, it may not be a sure thing...:cool:

But, as diehard ASU fans, we've gotten used to these sorts of things under our president and his AD...

Since Crow arrived on campus our Big Three sports have declined steadily in importance and even his ladies and Olympic sports aren't doing that well, either...

But, our former PAC commissioner, Larry Scott, who Crow strongly supported, rode off into the PAC sunset with a boatload of money, as did Herm, after he derailed our football program...

It's almost breathtaking in its ineptitude...;)

I'm still a Willie supporter but he has a lot of work to do when it comes to getting our baseball program back to national prominence, if that is even possible, these days, under this ASU administration that doesn't prioritize our Big Three sports in any meaningful ways...

Moving onto football, I see where the PAC Hotline run by Jon Wilner has six PAC teams ranked in his preseason college football Top 25...

They include #4 Wash, #9 USC, #14 Utah, #15 Oregon, #18 Oregon St and #22 UCLA...

The Devils get three of those teams next November, with Utah and UCLA on the road, before finishing with Oregon and AU at home to end the season...

Is that another Swan Song in the making for our Sun Devil football team this next season..??

I think it could be as we have eight home games that include So Utah, Okie St and Fresno St at home to start the season...

And, with home games against Colorado, Wazzu and AU and a road game at lowly Cal, it looks like we could have five or six wins by the time November rolls around...

Isn't that somewhat like what happened with our now hapless baseball team when it got to play the bottom half of the PAC this season before playing the top half of the conference in May...

Could next November be for our football team what May has been this baseball season for our Sun Devils..??

In any event, I hope that all of you wonderful Sun Devil mom's out there have an outstanding day, as we all pay tribute to the mom's in our lives...

My mother died years ago but not before she became a true Sun Devil fan that attended dozens upon dozens of ASU sporting events with me, over decades, in Tempe...

I'm glad she was alive when the Devils weren't playing Swan Songs, like they do today, under this administration...

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News