ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = The $50 Million Dollar Man

That's former PAC commissioner, Larry Scott, according to Jon Wilner in his PAC-12 Hotline today...

Scott was paid $4.1M for his final six months on the job as PAC commissioner that included $1.5M in severance pay...

He started out with annual compensation of $1.9M when he started as PAC commissioner in 2009, and then saw these increases moving forward...

By year three, his compensation was over $3M a year...

By year five, his compensation was over $4M a year...

By year nine, his compensation hit $5M a year...

Wilner figures that when Scott receives his final PAC severance pay next spring that Scott will have gotten $50.5M in pay for a "tenure that was second-rate at best and an abject failure at worst"...

My guess is that you could do the same thing for our AD, Ray Anderson, who is still pulling down a huge salary for a tenure, IMHO, that has also been "second-rate at best and an abject failure at worst"...

But, with our Best and Brightest president, who was one of Larry Scott's biggest supporters, he will also continue to support a second-rate AD, IMHO, since he hired Ray and that is what he does consistently when it comes to athletics...

I wonder how much ASU moola Ray is going to end up collecting from us during his tenure at ASU under president Crow..??

Will it be well over say $20-25M before it's all said and done..??

On another, much more positive note, congrats to our baseball team and Willie and his staff for getting to 30+ wins this season and having a winning record in the PAC...

For me, getting to 30 wins a year and finishing above .500 in the PAC should be the bare minimum standard for our baseball program...

Hopefully, we'll advance to the NCAA playoffs but that certainly isn't guaranteed yet as they start PAC tournament play on Tuesday in Scottsdale...

I'm glad we won the series against UCLA but, let's face it, we are not playing especially good baseball these days...

Our pitching seems better but our hitting has gone dormant, so who knows how we'll do in the tournament...

Do you have any Ray or baseball team predictions related to my thoughts this fine Sunday in May..??

I think Ray is going to be our AD as long as Crow is our president and, although that is disappointing to me, at least we know who they are and what they will do together in the coming weeks, months and years, right..??

Our student-athletes will continue to attend class and do their assignments and we'll "aspire" to "competitive traction" on the football field, on the basketball court, and on the baseball diamond, etc...

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News