ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = My Sun Devil Football Predictions

H -So Utah
- only question here is not whether the Devils will win this game but who our starting QB will be and whether our defense looks half-decent or not...

This game goes in my win column...WIN

H - Oklahoma St
- Cowboys lost their starting QB to portal and are picked 8th in Big 12 that now has 14 teams competing in it...

Pokes have six returning starters on offense and only two returners on defense...

This game also goes in my win column since it will be played in SDS...WIN

H - Fresno St
- Bulldogs lost their very good starting QB (Jake Haener) and his top three receivers and best RB and return only four starters on offense...

Defense returns seven starters for MWC champs who are picked third in conference this season and have Jeff Tedford as their coach...

I never underestimate Jeff Tedford who is a great coach, IMHO, but I still give the Devils an edge in this game at home...

This game also goes into my win column which puts us 3-0 in non-conference games...WIN

H - USC
- Trojans have one of best teams in nation and maybe best QB in country, too, to go along with all that top talent...

This will be a huge reality check for our Devils and if they can hang with the Trojans in a loss that will be a good thing...

SDS should be packed for this game and very noisy but I just don't see us winning this game so goes in my loss column...LOSS

A - Cal
- this will be first away game for Devils against a very experienced Bears team...

Bears have 8 returning starters on offense and 10 returning starters on defense but is the overall talent enough to save Justin Wilcox job moving forward..??

It's always hard to win on the road in the PAC but I think our Devils will find a way in this game so I put another victory in our win column...WIN

H - Colorado
- Buffs could be 0-5 by the time they play the Devils as their schedule is brutal...

However, this won't be a pushover game for our Devils as there is never a sure win in the PAC, if you ask me...

But, I'm putting this game in our win column that will make us 5-1 at our halfway point in the season...WIN

A - Washington
- Huskies are loaded and have a future NFL QB along with 7 returning starters on offense and on defense...

Devils almost always play the Huskies well but not going to happen this time in Seattle, I'm afraid...

So, this game goes into our loss column to start the second half of the season...LOSS

H - Wazzu
- Cougars return QB Cam Ward along with six returning starters on offense and five on defense...

They also lost their DC to our Sun Devils and play at Oregon before traveling to meet us in SDS...

I like the Devils in this home game so another victory goes in our win column...WIN

A - Utah
- Utes start season with home game against Florida and have five PAC games at home but have to face Oregon St, Wash and USC on the road...

If Utes remain healthy they may make another title run but there are some significant roadblocks in their way although I don't think the Devils will be one of them...

I think the Devils can hang with Utes but can they win the game in the 4th quarter..??

I'm not betting on that to happen so we get another loss in that column for me...LOSS

A - UCLA
- Bruins won't have another eight home games this year and will finally be breaking in a new QB...

Chip Kelly is only 27-29 in five seasons in LA and with road games against San Diego St, Utah, Oregon St, and USC I don't see them even coming close to winning another 9 games this season...

This is a true toss-up game for me and only because it is a road game for our Devils...

But, I'm going to give the nod to us just for the heck of it here...put it in my win column...WIN

H - Oregon
- Ducks are always tough but aren't unbeatable the way both USC and Wash appear to be looking ahead...

I like our chances in this game if we haven't had a lot of attrition during the season...

Will go with Ducks in this game but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Devils prevail...but put another loss in that column...LOSS

H- Arizona
- Cats should be potent on offense with Jayden de Laura running it but defense has a lot of question marks...

I think the deficits outweigh the positives for Cats who, I think will be hard pressed to win 5-6 games...

As we all know, you never know how a rivalry game will go but I like our chances at home...

So, I'm notching another win in our victory column...WIN

I look forward to your feedback, as always...
:)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News