ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Mid-Season Vibe Check-Up

I don't know about you but I'm feeling those good Sun Devil vibrations these days following a big win over Utah...

Our Sun Devils are now 5-1, with a win over a ranked team in Utah, and that win total puts us over the O/U of 4.5 wins that was established in the preseason by pro betting analysts...

That mid-season record now puts us only one game away from reaching bowl eligibility, that would be a tangible accomplishment for this coaching staff and team, since they were picked dead last by the conference media before the season began...

It still won't be easy for our Sun Devils to clinch a bowl berth and a winning record, especially in the Big-12, since the second half of our season is not all that favorable, even though most of the preseason favorites have now fallen by the wayside, to one degree or another...

November will bring us road games against Oklahoma St, K- State and AU with home games against UCF (end of October) and BYU, that is still undefeated this season, after soundly beating the Cats yesterday in Provo...

Thankfully, we have another BYE week after our road game against Cincy this next Saturday...:)

And, Cincy does not appear to be some pushover as they are tied with us in the conference with a 2-1 record and are 4-2 overall, having just beaten UCF on the road yesterday...

Now for those programs that are not feeling any good vibes these days...:cool:

We'll start with our rivals, the Cats, who now sit at 3-3, after back to back losses to Texas Tech and BYU, so another 9-3 season seems unlikely, although their schedule moving forward isn't as daunting as ours...

Greg Hansen, in his Sunday Notebook, writes that it's pretty awful to be behind a team like ASU at this point, that is coached by young guy who seems to be a cast member of the show, Happy Days, that aired on TV decades ago...

So, although it appears that the Cats are headed back to their normal status in football, that one of their primary remaining goals should be to beat the Sun Devils at the end of the season...

Things are also not on a good vibe basis these days in places like USC, Wash and UCLA that left the PAC to join the Big-10...

The Trojans are now 1-3 in that conference, with their latest loss coming at the hands of Penn St yesterday in the Coliseum, and their cross-town rival, UCLA, is now 0-4 in that conference, while Washington is 2-2, having lost badly to Iowa yesterday on the road...

But, they will pile up "frequent flyer" miles in that conference, which I guess is a silver lining of sorts...

However, there are a lot of good vibes in Duckville as Oregon remains unbeaten having beaten Ohio St at home last night...

But, enough about those other programs as we come back our good vibe situation right now...

Will those good Sun Devil vibrations enhance higher profile recruits, especially in the Valley, to come to ASU in the future..??

Will those positive vibes help to not only wake up the "sleeping Sun Devil giant" but also to fully Activate the Valley, as well..??

And, will all those good vibes trigger NIL donations to roll in at a far quicker pace and much higher level..??

Furthermore, are "Happy Days" just around the Big-12 corner, in the not too distant future, under Dilly and his staff, since there are no Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, etc, type teams in the Big-12...

I'm feeling those good vibrations these days but I'm still going to take each game "one game at a time" and just hope that we win enough to go bowling this season...

I don't think that we are a Top 25 team but we may get some votes in this week's AP poll which I think we do deserve...

Are you all feeling those good vibes this fine morning in the desert and are there any other teams that you may be feeling sorry for right now..??

As I'm pretty sure that no one here is feeling sorry for the Cats, Bruins, Trojans or Huskies, right..??

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.