ADVERTISEMENT

This Sucks!!! (Investigation and aftermath)

PrescottSparky

Dec 18, 2019
Talk me off a ledge if you can....

Like most of us, I'm alum and a season ticket holder for many years. I have been proud to be a Sun Devil since my father took me to my first game in 1984, from my first college stint at ASU in 93-95 (after I discharged from the Navy), to finally completing my degree 15 years later and holding season tickets for over a dozen years.

The allegations have me questioning my continued loyalty to the football program. For the first time ever, I'm considering not renewing my tickets for 2022. I wrote a letter to Ray Anderson venting my disappointment in the character, integrity and values of the program if in fact the allegations are true. He wrote back saying:

"We remain very confident and committed that integrity, passion and compassion are core values of Sun Devils Athletics.
Also, I hope you will reflect on the old saying
“There are two sides to every story” as you consider
what personal actions you believe are appropriate for yourself."

So, this year I'm waiting to see how it plays out. I'm looking through rose colored glasses and the possibility that this is way bigger than it actually is. I'm probably being naïve. The lack of 2022 recruits and the idea of potential sanctions has me dreading the next decade of ASU Football. Am I the only one that is feeling that if our alma mater did the things we are accused of, then they don't deserve my continued support? I feel this way from a "I don't want to watch a terrible team for the next ten year" and "I don't want to show support for my school if they had to attempt to cheat to maintain their development". I'm curious to hear what others think/feel about the allegations and if anyone else feels the need to rethink their support for the program.

I'll always be a Sun Devil, and I'll always be a fan. I can't help that... but I don't have to spend my money on a program that has values that don't align with my own, right? Or do I just support it because it's "in my DNA" to be Sun Devil.

Thanks for taking the time to read....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News