ADVERTISEMENT

#ThursdayThrowdown

ChillyASU

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2015
What up Devil Junkies??? Checkin in with y'all and Im curious about what some of y'all think about a topic that we kind of discussed on the Devils Junkie podcast. "Does it matter if a recruit is from Arizona or somewhere else?" I stated that I think that it does matter. Don't get me wrong I don't think that one kid necessarily plays "harder", but there is a certain pride that I think that a kid from Arizona takes when he plays in his backyard. That Az kid isn't just reppin his school he's reppin where he is from. He's reppin where his friends are from. He's defending HIS turf. This is part of why I love the Chandler boys being here, and all these recent Saguaro kids committing. I know that not ALL local kids pan out, but some out of staters disappoint also. So it's a gamble either way.

Please understand I love seeing whoever from wherever do well in a Sun Devil uniform. BUT if I have MY choice between comparable players? I'd rather have the local kids. Also I'm not talking about losing a kid like Christian Kirk. That was purely his decision. Im talking about missing on a kid like Hundley from Chandler, or Neal from Chaparral years back. I feel like if we would have recruited those kids better or at all then maybe we would have got them. I'm thankful that CTG seems to understand the importance of local recruiting.

Forks Up!

Just Chilly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News