ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Practice Report 8-23

Fabian Ardaya

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2015
ATTIRE: Helmets and pads
MEDIA AVAILABILITY: ~ 20 minutes
TILLMAN JERSEY: Nobody
EN VERDE (no contact): LB Khaylan Thomas (brace on his knee), OL Tyson Rising, LS Mitch Fraboni, OL Marshal Nathe, TE Grant Martinez, DB James Johnson (bulky brace on his right knee), DL George Lea, TE Kody Kohl
EN VERDE, PARTICIPANDO: TE Kody Kohl
GUESTS: "Hard Knocks" was there. Well, at least a scout from the LA Rams was there. Unfortunately, my former internship boss and current ESPN Rams writer Alden Gonzalez was not in attendance.

NO TEAM SESSION TODAY.

Of note: ASU broke out its scout team for the first time this season, flooding the field with gold jerseys and maybe indicating some changes in the two-deep. Some of the notables I noticed wearing gold practice team jerseys include: QB Dillon Sterling-Cole (albeit not surprising), RB Jason Lewis, TE Jay Jay Wilson, OL Cohl Cabral (which means walk-on Tyler McClure could be back in the two-deep). I didn't get a great look, but I did notice that, of the freshmen, at least WR N'Keal Harry and DB Robbie Robinson were not given gold jerseys.

Also of note: When the centers broke off to work on snapping, OL Stephon McCray was not with them. He has been working there with the first team for most of fall camp, so that could indicate that he could move to right guard (and replace Quinn Bailey) and have A.J. McCollum take the first-team center reps.

Defense worked on tackling form during the tackling circuit, because of course, and it also showed one of my favorite things to notice when the practice jerseys come on -- just how much harder guys hit the practice squad guys as opposed to those wearing regular jerseys. DB Marcus Ball absolutely laid someone out, which was probably the hardest hit I had seen in practice during this fall camp.

As always, let me know if you have any questions, comments, life advice, music suggestions, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News