ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday's Practice Report: 8/24

justintoscano

Gold Member
Apr 29, 2016
ATTIRE: Shells
MEDIA AVAILABILITY: About 25 minutes
EN VERDE (No contact): The only guy I saw in green was Khaylan Thomas. The others were on muscle beach. Here's who I saw: James Johnson (big brace on right knee), George Lea, Tyson Rising, Zane Gonzalez, John O'Brien, Mitchell Fraboni, Grant Martinez
Note: Raymond Epps still has that cast on his right hand, but he was practicing as he has been. Kody Kohl practiced today, but didn't see time in the 11-on-0 team session.

TILLMAN JERSEY: none

As for the gold practice squad jerseys, I didn't notice anyone different from Fabian's practice report yesterday: https://arizonastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/tuesday-practice-report-8-23.16004/#post-137189

I confirmed that freshman WR Kyle Williams was practicing with the DBs. This is an interesting move because he's a freshman and it is less than two weeks before the season. Maybe just a quick look at him there, but there would be no real transition time for him to learn. We'll stay tuned to see what transpires there.

The team started with the tackle circuit and then takeaway drills, but then went into the only team session we saw: An 11-on-0 offense running plays down the field.
Here's how the team's looked...
First team: QB Manny Wilkins, RB Demario Richard, RB Kalen Ballade (ran as slot receiver), WRs Tim White, Cam Smith, N'Keal Harry, Evan Goodman, Sam Jones, Stephon McCray, Quinn Bailey, Zach Robertson
Second team: QB Brady White, RB Nick Ralston, WRs Ellis Jefferson/Jalen Harvey/Fred Gammage, TE Raymond Epps, ....most of the line was in gold and the numbers weren't true to roster, but A.J. McCollum played center and Steve Miller was at right guard. I could not catch the other three.

Interesting to note that no TE ran in the first team. ASU started off with a jet sweep to Ballage and continued from there.

The last session we saw was special teams. Matt Haack and Michael Sleep-Dalton got reps. It was just a directional kicking drill.

After the special teams session, media was kicked out, unfortunately.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News