ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = The New Big-3 Sun Devil Sports Happenings

There seems to be a major transformation going on within our Big-3 sports (football, basketball and baseball) since Ray left and our new AD, Graham Rossini, has taken over...

We are not only bigger, stronger, faster, smarter and more physical on the football field, but have a new practice field in the dome and the temperatures, within it, have gone down several degrees, that seems to have energized both the team and coaches to a significant degree...

We're also wearing GPS vests to track how each player is doing under certain conditions, in an effort to enhance efficiency and prevent injuries...

Also, there no longer is any music being played or coaching distractions during enhanced stretching periods, in another effort to improve performance and prevent injuries...

Additionally, the football program has entered a partnership with OLP to better develop and train offensive line personnel during the off-season...

And, we have more NFL connections than ever, if I don't miss my guess, when we account for our additional analysts, etc, that can now coach on the field...

This has all led to more "piss and vinegar" during practices by our many outcasts and misfits that make up our football roster according to coach Dilly...

Throw in being picked last in the Big-12, and how much more motivation does the team need to win more than 4.5 games, as established by the national betting odds-makers...

I wonder who will become "stars" on this team the way the Cats have several stars on their team, as we all know (Fifita, T-Mac, Manu)...

I also wonder who will be the big star or stars of our revamped basketball team under Bobby Hurley, once the season starts, and whether they will be able to significantly improve our BB fortunes this season, as a result...

I don't know if they have any "data driving contraptions" to help Bobby and his staff evaluate how their bodies are doing with which to improve their stamina and prevent injuries during practices...

But, in baseball, besides having some new coaches, like in both football and basketball, the Devils will have a "pitching performance lab" in place that should help with cutting down injuries with our pitching staff, etc...

I'm hoping and trusting that all these new and innovative approaches to being better in our Big-3 sports works wonders for them because we don't need more losing football and basketball seasons and missing the baseball playoffs, do we..??

In the meantime, as I approach my 55th season or so of following Sun Devil athletics, I'm pretty excited about what I see happening in our athletic dept these days...

How about you..??

I know that the proof will be in the pudding, as the old saying goes, since results matter much more than speculation, right..??

But, does winning happen by coincidence..??

Personally, I don't think so...:)

I don't know how much the Valley has been Activated by recent ASU Big-3 events but my brain has been activated with more enthusiasm than I've had the past couple of Sun Devil years...

Well, back to my morning training table that includes freshly brewed dark coffee and Danish rolls...:cool:

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.