ADVERTISEMENT

What IF Coach Shaun Aguano is a HIT

SanTan Devil

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2015
East Coast Bias
I'm all in on supporting Coach Shaun Aguano through the end of the season and entirely open to him succeeding enough to have the Interim tag removed and become the Head Coach for 2023. IF this happens- what staff (if any) will be retained, what staff might move on for one reason or another, and who comes aboard?

I'll get the discussion ball rolling assuming CSA is HC in 2023...

-OC Glenn Thomas should be interviewing for his next job. I'm fairly certain this is how all of 2022 should be for him as Herm was not thought to be the HC beyond 2022. Depending on how GT meshes and succeeds with CSA over the next 9 games will tell me a lot. Currently, he does not get a passing grade in my book. My homer vote for OC at ASU replacing Glenn Thomas would be Mike Bercovici.

-DC Donnie Henderson seems to be here as a favor to CHE and I do not expect him back. Except for the EMU game, the defense has been ok. EMU game moves him from Passing to not Passing at this juncture. My vote, DL coach Robert Rodriguez.

-STC Shawn Slocum is a polarizing pick. I'd keep him for continuity and ST recruiting purposes (possibly why he's still here through a few coaches). OTOH, should he leave for whatever reason, I bet there's another successful coach out there and a place to use the funding.

The list of position coaches is entirely up for debate but, I'd currently retain Fletcher, Cavanaugh, Claiborne, and potentially Wood.

What do you think of the current staff under CSA? Any local coaches worth a call-up? Ex, Joe Germaine, Jason Mohns

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News