ADVERTISEMENT

Wilner Agrees With Hansen

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Jon Wilner of the Mercury News has asked these things of AU (and by implication the ABOR IMO) in order for them to retain Sean Miller...

That AU (and the ABOR by implication IMO) would have to be convinced that Miller knew nothing about Book's transgressions...

Confident that the ESPN story was either completely or largely false...

Optimistic that any NCAA sanctions stemming from the scandal wouldn't be debilitating to recruiting...

Confident that no other damaging information will surface, which from my standpoint, is the biggest potential issue looming out there ...

Comfortable that Miller has the integrity/character to lead the program forward even though he has already, either directly or indirectly, through his actions, been in contact with some unseemly characters in the crass underbelly of college recruiting and had an assistant who has been indicted for numerous criminal infractions related to college recruiting...

Like Hansen and Wilner, I cannot imagine any scenario where AU (and the ABOR) could keep Sean Miller in place, given what has happened to date and what will continue to happen in the future, as the FBI investigation continues into the coming months and years, that will be followed by the NCAA's own investigations and actions stemming from this scandal...

I guess if Sean shows up on the sidelines coaching the Cats this weekend that might reveal where the AU administration and ABOR stands on the matter...

But, does anyone here think that is going to happen..??

Go Devils and Beat both Cal and Stanford this Weekend !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News