ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo "way too early 2023 predictions" article

jlogelin

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2015
Saw an article today from Zachary Neel posted on Yahoo on 1/15 with his projections of W-L records and bowl games for each Pac 12 team in 2023.

He is not very high on Asu and he projects us at 3-9 again and 1-8 in conference play and says:
"I have real confidence that Kenny Dillingham is going to be able to turn things around at Arizona State and get them among the top half of schools in the Pac-12, but I don’t think it’s going to happen in his first year in Tempe. The Sun Devils are lacking a lot of talent on the roster, and while Dillingham has found some nice additions in the transfer portal, I don’t think it will be enough to win them more than a few games. In the conference, I currently see ASU beating California, but losing every other game on the schedule."

I feel like just with the assumed coaching improvement alone (defensive and qb) we should win an extra couple games compared to last year.
His perspective is a dose of reality and maybe a hint of the outside perspective, but I don't think I'm wearing too rose colored of glasses to see Cal, uofa, and Colorado as the the assumed conference wins, plus hopefully at least one more and then win 2/3 non-conference games and that has us at 6 wins.

He projects the team down south at 4-8 and 2-7 beating us and colorado for their conference wins.
He has Co going 5-7 and 3-6 beating us, az, and Stanford
He has Oregon going 11-1 and 8-1 and winning the Pac 12 and going to the playoff
He has Usc going 11-1 and 8-1 only losing to Notre Dame and then to Oregon in the pac 12 title game.

Granted it is way way too early for this, but still allows for discussion, so where do we agree/disagree with his assessment of our current talent, upcoming schedule, and what KD could do in his first season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News