ADVERTISEMENT

20 Win Watch

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Most of us are pleased with the way the Devils finished the basketball season and now look forward to the PAC tournament where they ended up being a 5th seed...

They are 9-9 in the PAC but more importantly to some they are 17-14 overall, which means that Herb is 3 games short of the magic number to get another year added to his contract...

I think the Devils will get at least one win in the tournament against #12 seed USC on Wednesday but not sure about another win, since they would then face #4 seed UCLA who, I think, has more talent than the Devils, even though the Devils recently beat them in WFA...the Bruins also need some wins to solidify a Dance invitation I would think, so the game may be more meaningful for them...

What's interesting to me, unless I've just missed is somewhere, are interviews with Ray Anderson about his feelings related to the basketball program this season and the contract extension he gave Herb...

Is he pleased with the season or disappointed or what exactly..??

Does he feel that basketball at ASU is basically a losing proposition, so that winning championships and competing at the highest levels is unrealistic, especially since he's made those goals so prominent with other Sun Devil sports..??

In other words, what does he think about Herb and basketball goals at ASU..??

I would also like to know what Herb thinks about things...

Does he think that it is impossible to win championships in BB at ASU..??

How does he feel about being seen as a villain by many in the ASU fan community..??

What are his goals for BB at ASU...just run a clean program and have "competitive traction" each season..??

More importantly, what would he say about his performance as head coach to date at ASU..??

Has it been good or bad or just okay and why..??

Furthermore, how much responsibility does he take for the nine seasons at ASU, especially given the fact that he's had a state of the art practice facility at ASU for over five years thus far...

You don't have to be a jerk to ask these questions and they are certainly very valid given the state of the program after nine years...

I would also search out some prominent big BB boosters, if there are any out there (which would be my first goal - to find one or two or whatever) and ask them the same sorts of things...

Would this be just bad form on my part to pursue these questions..??

Would they be unfair questions to ask Ray, Herb and any big boosters out there..??

What do you think about all of this..??

Championships or Bust...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News