ADVERTISEMENT

Discuss: assume bobby is not at ASU next year. Who should we go after?

Denver Devil

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2006
This is not to argue about whether he should or will get fired or leave, but more about having a discussion of who ASU should go after as I haven't been paying attention to the NCAA coaching moves in a while. So I'm interested in who others think could be a good fit for ASU.

I want an elite basketball program, which is why bobby is not the guy for me. For me I would seriously look at Gregg Marshall so long as he's bringing with him an heir apparent in terms of an assistant coach. There's a former ASU basketball player who is doing very well coaching at the JC level right now who could be a great fit to be that heir apparent, but needs several years of seasoning and recruiting knowledge before he'd be ready. A coach like Gregg Marshall would have about 10 years in him before he turned over the reigns. I look at Tommy Loyd who mentored under Mark Few for 20 years before getting the U4 job. That could be a route ASU takes with an elite coach like Marshall (assuming he wants another shot at coaching in the NCAA) and a great assistant who is a former Sun Devil.

Outside of Marshall I haven't taken the time to look around and see who else might be out there in play and a good fit. I know many on here are dialed into the NCAA basketball scene, so who are the Head Coaches or Assistant coaches out there you all think could be the guy and why?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News