ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Never A Dull Moment

It's been a pretty eventful week for our Sun Devils, hasn't it..??

Spring football practice is rolling along, now without Rashada and Badger (plus a TE), but Dilly has a new WR coach in Hines Ward who just got a commitment from a highly rated receiver from Texas...

Dilly also got commitments from a pair of recruits from Hawaii so our next class is looking pretty good these days, knock on wood...

Dilly will also be looking for another QB and TE to replace the ones we just lost to the transfer portal, along with a LT and interior DL, as already noted...

Down here in So AZ, the Cats are wooing all-conference RB - Damien Martinez - who was reportedly only making $400K a year at Oregon St...

He was apparently seen sitting on a Red Throne at the Cats football facility as part of their recruiting strategy to land him as their next star RB...

How much they are offering him to play for them through the NIL payment vehicle is unknown but it will undoubtedly be more than what the Beavers were paying him...

But, that's nothing compared to what Oumar Ballo, the Cats star BB center, will reportedly be making at Indiana, where he'll be making what the Cats ladies BB coach makes...

Adia Barnes makes $1.2M and that's apparently what Ballo will make at Indiana...

Meanwhile, in Sun Devil basketball, we have a new assistant coach in Jerrance Howard and got a commitment from PG - Alston Mason...who are both from the Missouri Valley Conference...

I'm not sure what Alston will get paid via a Sun Devil NIL collective but it won't be in Ballo's neighborhood, that's for sure...

Transitioning to Sun Devil baseball, the Devils have taken the the first two games in LA from UCLA, which puts them in 8th place in the PAC with a 9-11 record and 19-21 overall...

Right now, the conference is being led by the Cats who are 23-14 and 12-5 in the PAC with a couple of weeks left in the season...

Finally, given our recent finding by the NCAA, we are now tied with SMU as the most heavily sanctioned athletic dept in the nation...

The number is 10 as we've been sanctioned by the 74 year old NCAA in 1954, 1959, 1980, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 2005, 2010, and now 2024...

It's included all three of our Big 3 sports plus track over the years...:mad:

Pretty amazing record considering all the talk about how ASU tries hard to always follow the rules...

Apparently, they are not trying nearly hard enough, either that or they are hiring the wrong people to administer the department, etc...

At least the latest rule breaking episode is now basically behind us but, unfortunately, neither the unlimited transfer portal or pay-for-play NIL reality are behind us...

So, the Never A Dull Moment in Sun Devil land will stay with us well into the future it looks like...

Please let me know if I've missed anything...:cool:

Well, my dog needs her breakfast and she's threatening to call the suits if I don't get it done right now...

BTW, she does have her own Red Throne to sit on while she reads the morning paper...

Never A Dull Moment...G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News