ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Realignment

Bayou Raider

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2022
Ok, I waited a full 24 hours before posting this.

I see where you guys are now. Football took a big hit during covid. Even bigger in the Pac 12. I remember us all (big 12) saying wtf regarding your banished season. We had our 2 biggest programs decide to bail on us over a year ago. It was a big hit. But things are bouncing back in the right direction for us. I can honestly say, the remaining members of the Big 12 are actually pretty excited about it as a conference. We have a new commissioner who is well versed in negotiating and is being aggressive with regards to expansion. And, the members honestly feel right now like we can be selective. But, we absolutely want the 2 Arizona schools in the Big 12. Let me repeat that.....we all want both AZ schools in the Big 12.

I get that you all probably would rather be in the B1G or the SEC, but honestly I have seen nothing that makes that seem like a reality. But there is a ton of smoke on the Pac 12......not to mention their leadership. Curious how you guys feel about that.

I can tell you this, and I would sign up for a home/home with them for the next 20 years but they probably wont. But being in a conference with UT is a perpetual suck that only NU, MU, CU and Texas AnM can fully support me on and the Alabamas and LSU's of the world are about to find that out. I swear to god it has become about off season politics for them more than success on the field. If they can't flex their money and power than they just aren't happy. They will stop at nothing to figure out how to control the SEC and they have ESPN in their corner to help them.

Anyway, curious how you guys feel about all this. Seems like this might be a good time for an overhaul of football at ASU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News