ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Done with Pac-12. Time to Join the Big-XII

theoriginalsundevil4life

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
While many on here are whining about our coach(es) and demanding we go with the flavor of the month, I have a real solution. It's time to ditch this pathetic conference. We could bring in Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and Dabo Sweeney as coaches. We could be in the top 10 in recruiting and none of it would make a difference. Why? The conference sucks and hates our guts. Let's face it, Larry Scott does not like us. He doesn't like a lot of teams in the conference. If you think a standard bearer will be someone other than Oregon, Washington, or U$C, then think again. Even if we were able to climb the ladder of the conference...then what? Who's going to watch us? We'd play on an internet channel that no one watches. We'd get our butts handed to us by teams from other conferences. Our commish still wouldn't care so long as he can tout how green our conference is and how awesome our non-revenue sports are. Enough is enough.

There's a rumored interest the Big-XII wants us and U4. I say we take them up on it. I'm not saying we'll dominate that conference and we'd likely get beaten like a drum by Oklahoma and Texas on a regular basis....but I don't care. We'd be on TV, and as bad as the officiating is in the Big-XII, it has to be light years ahead of the Pac. I don't think our Cali recruiting would suffer like some would think as we're still never going to beat out $UC and fUCLA for recruits and if anything I think a number of Cali recruits would like playing schools like Oklahoma and Texas on a regular basis. We'd get better exposure, we'd be in a conference that puts football and basketball ahead of its non-rev wine and cheese sports. They also wouldn't hold our "red state backwoods thinking" against like I think the Pac does. Don't believe me, then why didn't we bring in BYU instead of Colorado?

The conference sucks. I don't see it getting better. Thanks for the memories Pac but time to move on. I'm ready to join the Big-XII West consisting of us, U4, Tech, Texas, Baylor, and TCU. We can play in Jerry world for the Big-XII crown against the winner of the Okie schools, Kansas schools, Iowa State, and WVA. The Big-XII I'm sure would love the Red River showdown twice a year.

Bye Pac!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News