ADVERTISEMENT

Random: What Are Your Earliest ASU Sports Memories?

Joe Healey

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Tempe, Arizona
www.twitter.com
I think we've talked about this kind of thing in the past, but I'm really curious since I know we have a wide range of tenured fans on here.

Also, I figure this is a decent diversion from all the current frustration. 😂

For me, it's a little scattered. Our family moved around a bit until my dad settled in at Channel 3 in the fall of '88.

My first ASU sports memory is from baseball in the Mike Kelly days, so that had to be 1990-91. I don't remember much, but just remember going to a game with my dad and him talking about how Kelly was the best player in the country. For basketball, I was a huge Hedake guy, and he started around that time as well. I remember going to Frieder Camp in the summer of '93 because they let us watch the final moments of the Suns' finals loss to the Bulls in the locker room. Frieder Camp was one of my favorite things as a kid, I loved it.

The earliest football memory I can recall is going to a game and being weirded out by Jon Baker kicking barefoot. He was here 1993-94, and I believe the memory I have is from that '94 season. Then, like many, the Nebraska game and the entire '96 season sent things into motion that continue to this day.

You?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News