ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Camp T

It looks like there were a lot of Sun Devil fans at the scrimmage yesterday who were treated to what exactly..??

Neither QB Sam Leavitt or Trenton Bourguet threw any interceptions, although Leavitt had a fumble, while Jeff Sims had two interceptions...

Leavitt apparently has problems hitting long passes, while Trenton doesn't have the arm strength to hit long passes but is very accurate with shorter passes...

Sims apparently suffers from a live-action, psych-out syndrome in his passing game, so it looks like Leavitt will be our starting QB come the Wyoming game...

At this point, I want to dispel the rumor that Dilly has contacted Dr Sparky Frankenstein to see about the viability of taking Trenton's savvy QB brain to replace Sims psyched-out brain, within Sims 6'3" 215 body...

In theory, if the transplant was successful, it would almost, overnight, transform the Sun Devils from a 4.5 O/U team in the Big 12 to a 10.5 O/U team...

Additionally, our MASH unit is continuing to grow as we now have about 7-8-9 potential two-deep players on the Devils injured list as we exit Camp T...

They include a RB, at least two WR, two OL, two DL, and a DB at this point, not counting the DL and TE that were going to miss this season due to injury...

However, on a more positive note, TE Charmon Metayer, LB Keyshaun Elliot and FR walk-on receiver Derek Eusebio are looking like really good players moving forward...

I guess that Ian Hershey will be our placekicker instead of Ohio St transfer Parker Lewis as I don't know what has happened to him...maybe he's injured, too..??

So, for me, we have these sorts of questions moving forward in preseason camp...:cool:

Dilly's offense is predicated on getting the ball in his offensive play-makers hands so they can move the ball down field but are there already too many of those potential play-makers suffering from injuries to be as effective as we once hoped to be at this point in camp..??

And, if the defense just lost two potential starting DE how is that going to effect things moving forward..??

We appear to have better depth this year at almost all positions but can we lose a half-dozen or more potential starters, without that setting us back some, as we move forward toward the Wyoming game..??

I don't know how Dilly and Arroyo will handle the QB situation since there is nothing Dr Frankenstein can do for our Devils related to our QB situation right now...

You cannot have a QB that is apt to create turnovers, just like you can't have a punter that can't kick the ball more than 25-30 yards per punt...

Those are not the ways to San Jose or, in our case, to having more than 4.5 wins this season, right..??

I don't think most here would conclude that we will have an "atrocious" offense again this season, but will just plain pretty average be good enough to get 4.5 wins..??

I guess we are making some progress, as Dilly almost always seems to be able to put a positive spin on things, but I'm starting to have some real doubts about our football fortunes this season...

Of course, I was way too optimistic about our chances last season and we still have Plan A in effect related to our QB situation, as we leave Camp T, so that's good...

And, if we get some of those injured players back at full strength, things might not be a dicey as I think they might be right now...

We will find out a whole lot when we play Wyoming in less than three weeks now...:cool:

Are things as questionable as I'm painting them right now..??

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.